In May of 2015, I found an unused piece of 18×24 paper in my family’s art studio. At the time I had just started experimenting with zentangle designs, and I was itching for a bigger project. Well, on February 28, 2017, I finished the project! This will be an image-heavy post, with pictures of my progress as I started to fill in the blank space.
I probably could have finished the piece quicker if I had worked on it constantly, but I would often go weeks or even months without working on it. I never put a deadline on the zentangle so there was no particular urgency. Over the next few months I am going to try to work on some unfinished projects, to get them to a stage of completion before I go to college.
I apologize for the poor quality of some of these early images. Many of these photos were taken before I decided to start blogging.
Audiobooks were my main companions while working on this project, like many of my artistic endeavors. Next time I work on an extended craft project I plan to keep a list of the different books I listen to.
I accidently went outside the lines I had originally drawn for the borders. After a few minutes of freaking out, I added a few other points on the edges where the design came out to make it look cohesive.
One project down! Hope you enjoyed.